After my brand new and nearly unused wheels arrived…
… I started to think about designing my fork. The original plan was to glue newspaper on it and let it have varnished at the automotive paint shop around the corner because they have the kind of UV- and scratch resistant varnish I would want to have. I called the painter who liked the idea and asked me to stop by which made me all happy and motivated and that’s why I started right away with the design-process:
Arriving at the painter’s shop the guy went “Yeah, well this won’t work.” I thought “Alright, why did you not mention THAT EALIER?” and asked him a “Why?” that could have sounded slightly impatiented. He then explained veeery patiently why his varnish would macerate the paper. Basically the black ink of the other side would come though and make it all blurry. We both agreed that this would certainly not look nice. So he recommended to take the paper all off again (…well it was barely a job of 3 hours…), take a page of the newspaper, go to some car-sticker service and ask them to copy the paper on a foil which then can be glued on to the fork.
Or I could ask at a stationary shop for binder film, pull that over and come back but then it still would look stupid. I might have to sleep that over again.
Jesus, all the decisions these days!
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment